Course design to make trainees more professional in sequence analysis on logs, core and seismic + seismic facies analysis into 7-days which we feel is a disservice to participants. If you are interested in learning more about seismic stratigraphy there another advanced seismic stratigraphic course
Sequence stratigraphy has been applied from reservoir to continental scales, providing a scale- independent model for predicting the spatial arrangement of depositional elements. Sequence stratigraphy, based on sedimentary response to changes in relative sea level gives the explorationist and the development geoscientist a powerful new predictive tool for regional basin analysis, shelf to basin correlation, and reservoir heterogeneity. Perhaps most importantly, sequence stratigraphy gives the geoscientist a superior framework for the integration of geologic, geophysical, and engineering data and expertise. Fluid flow is highly sensitive to the stratigraphic arrangement of reservoir and non-reservoir intervals. Refining static and dynamic models using sequence stratigraphy may result in a significant improvement in history matching. Geo-modellers should carefully consider the implications of stratigraphic correlations during static model construction. The particular strength of this course is the application of these basic principles to actual subsurface data sets gathered into a series of well-founded exercises.
Who attend to this training course? Geologists, geophysicists and reservoir engineers needing a fundamental understanding of the principles and applications of sequence stratigraphy. Course Objectives The objective of this course is to learn attends how to integrate well-logs, core and seismic data to detect and identify different sequence stratigraphic environments .Topics include the recognition of key sequence stratigraphic surfaces and systems tracts in seismic, well-logs, core and outcrop. Exercises during the course will teach participants how to chronocorrelate wells using wireline logs and core. By the end of the course you will feel confident in your understanding of Historical development, Fundamental concepts and workflow of sequence stratigraphy Identify unconformities and sequence boundaries, parasequences and utilize in correlation Systems tracts, sequences, sequence models Hierarchy of sequences and sequence boundaries Applications to all depositional systems
Relate sequence stratigraphy to basin architecture and relative sea levels Build predictive stratigraphic models Utilize sequence stratigraphy to develop exploration/production strategies
• Introduction: What is Sequence Stratigraphy? • The historical background and basic Concepts of Sequence Stratigraphy o The history of the concept: from 1D to 4D o Key terminology o Sequence Stratigraphy vs. Lithostratigraphy and Allostratigraphy Exercise 1 Learn how to construct a chronostratigraphic chart and analyze the order and geometric organization of the sedimentary fill of a basin and establish why different sedimentary facies accumulated in different settings in response to the contemporaneous creation of accommodation.
Factors controlling basin stratigraphy • Ranks of Sequence Stratigraphy • Basic principles of stratigraphic correlation • Sequence Stratigraphic Workflow • Tools and specialities Exercise 2 & 3 Well logs and sequence stratigraphic interpretation • Guarico Basin – Venezuela • Western Desert – Egypt
• Methods of Sequence Stratigraphic Analysis • Rules of Sequence Identification • Identification of seismic sequences • Identification of sequences from cores and well-logs • Coherence between seismic, cores and well-logs data Exercise 4 & 5 Sequence Stratigraphic Interpretation and Reservoir-Quality Prediction Using Seismic and Wireline-Log Data • Offshore and Onshore Nile Delta – Egypt • San Joaquin Basin, California – USA
• Conceptual Models for Sequence Stratigraphy of Continental Rift • Clastic Sequence Stratigraphic Hierarchy
[Document title] `
• Carbonate Sequence Stratigraphic Hierarchy Exercise 6 Rift Basin Sequence Stratigraphy • Muglad Basin – Sudan • Western Desert – Egypt
• Performing sequence analysis on core in different siliciclastics environment • Identification if key sequence stratigraphic surfaces in core. • Case study using core for sequence stratigraphic analysis. • Introduction to sequence biostratigraphy.
• Seismic sequence analysis: recognition and meaning of reflection terminations such as onlap, offlap, toplap etc. • Seismic facies analysis and how reflection configurations can be used to interpret environments of deposition, risk of reservoir presence and quality, and net:gross. Exercise using software Seismic Geomorphology: Differences between seismic time slices, horizon and stratal slices. The workflow for interpretation, range of seismic attributes in 2D and 3D (spectral decomposition, curvature, etc), fluvial systems, mixed structural-stratigraphic trapping styles in channelized sandstone bodies Detection geobodies and stratigraphic features using seismic attributes
Training on project using software
• New workflow for detectaion sequence stratigraphic from seismic data • Applied workflow to extract geobodies feature from 2d and 3D data • Generation stacked horizons for different sequences serfuces • Integration DHI and seismic sequences statigraphic
You can Contact us with