Post-stack vs. pre-stack
- The stratigraphic interpretation is easier on impedance data because P-impedance is a layer property .
- High resolution of layers by reducing wavelet effects, side lobes, and tuning.
- P-impedance can be directly computed and compared to well data.
- Relation between porosity and acoustic impedance.
- Color inversion can be used with or without a well data and a background model.
- Post-stacking is cheap and easier to process .
- Pre-stacking is more efficient to identify lithology and fluid content .
- Pre-stacking identifies both acoustic impedance and shear impedance .
- Pre-stacking is the best method to estimate Vp/Vs ratio.
- Post-stacking uses a single seismic trace while Pre-stacking uses a linear model of AVO.
You can Contact us with
what’s app: +201120828201,+201010443910